Monday, May 31, 2010

Our first night of camping (in the backyard)

I decided that last night was a good time to go “camping” with the boys since Memorial Day was a day off for everyone. Daddy got out our camping gear from the garage (for the first time since 2004 (before kids!)) I had heard we were supposed to get some rain so thought we’d just put the tent UNDER the pop-up gazebo. The gazebo has one removable wall that we’ve kept up and positioned it to deflect the morning sun. I laid out the tent but we were missing the poles! Finally after some digging daddy found them up in the garage so we were OK to do this.


We really started out late, our day was kinda crazy. Jim was trying to finish up the shelves in Joey’s room and only got one support arm for the “desk” so he’ll have to fix that today. Joey wanted, all day, to go play with the neighbor kids. At one point I was going to maybe let him after I talked to/met their parents. I’ve had major reservations about letting him play with these kids because they always seem to be totally unsupervised. So about 11am I walked him over to ask the kids if he could play with them. Keep in mind he’s not 5yrs old yet. The little girl two houses down is 6, just finishing Kindergarten. She has a younger brother but he wasn’t out today??? Two houses down from there is a girl and her older brother, they are 8 and 9 consecutively. We were in front of their house so I asked them if their mom was home and the girl said yes but she’s sleeping! WTF? Are you kidding me? Now my reservations are that much worse. Now try keeping Joey happy when all he wants is to play with these older kids  Poor Joey and poor mommy!

I got the kids down for naps and we all slept late, ruined the whole afternoon. After getting the tent up I could make dinner and by that time it was after 6pm. We didn’t eat until after 7pm and all we had were burgers, hot dogs, grilled asparagus, corn on the cob and chips. Then we had to find the boys air beds and the pump, an extension cord to turn the pump on. Pump up the beds and find and put up the pack n play. Pull out Jackson’s bouncy seat that lies relatively flat and find room for all that. Make the beds, bring out linens and snacks. Daddy took out the computer so the boys could watch a movie but the computer was not working for him. He took over making (burning) the popcorn and I fixed the computer. We got everyone in and it’s hotter than Hades in here. The mosquitoes are horrible OMG!

Joshy’s air mattress isn’t holding air, Jon wants nothing to do with the pack n play and Jackson is ticked off that I woke him to bring him out here.

Finally, Joshy passed out and I turned the movie off. Jon had a fit and wouldn’t stop so he got put in the house into his crib. Jackson was quiet for a little bit then started fussing so he got taken in and put in his crib. So I sent daddy to sleep in the nice cool house and I’m out with two sleeping angels. Luckily for me the temperature went down, a cool breeze would still be really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment