Friday, May 28, 2010

Matthew West - Save A Place For Me


My cousin Melissa picked out this song for her grandma, my auntie's funeral. I dedicate this to my beloved auntie whom I miss more than I ever thought possible. I think about her every single day. Seriously every day there is something that triggers me. Usually it's in my kitchen and related to food! She LOVED to cook and was so very good at it. I think it was her pure heart and soul that she put into her cooking that made it taste so good. You could just see and taste the time, effort and love she put into that dish or meal. Being the end of Spring planting/plants/new growth triggers me too, she had one outrageously GREEN THUMB! I bought my boys a strawberry and black berry plant tonight (the blackberry is for pollination). I haven't ever planted a berry plant before. I know some need to be staked and some need to be contained (I think strawberries will take over if you're not careful) and it would be so much easier to just call my auntie and ask her what and how and where and when and why. I think about how she's gone just too soon. Too young. Her mother, my grandmother, was even younger. Grandma Betty was only 33 due to a car accident and poor medical knowledge back in the 50's. Does this mean that genetically I'm going to die too young too? Grandma was young when she had Patty, Patty was young when she had her sons. I am older and I can't imagine leaving my boys anytime in the distant future. Leaving them before I see them settled into their lives with careers and spouses and maybe even some kids would be totally unacceptable. Grandma missed all that with her 3 kids, Patty was around long enough to see her 3 grandchildren into their adulthood (Thank you God for at least that much, her life was full in her 69yrs). Where will that leave me? What I wouldn't give to kiss her one more time. To hug her tightly and tell her I love her. To hear her tell me she loves me. Still brings me to tears...
In loving memory of Patricia Mae Smith
July 1, 1940-March 15, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment