Saturday, May 29, 2010

Am I over doing it?

I’m trying to keep Joey really busy this summer. He is a bad instigator with the other boys. He’s a GREAT kid, he’s just a bad trigger for Joshy and I don’t know why! Hopefully we’ll get some answers about that in July but that’s a whole other post.

So, Joey was invited to do swim lessons with Kasia. Auntie Ti-Ti offered to get him there and home on days that Jim’s not around to care for the other boys. So Joey will be swimming on the Kenosha Barracuda Feeder Team. Their summer session is just 6x either 2x weekly or once a week for 6 weeks. 45 mins each time.

I signed him up for T-ball with the CYC. That starts the day before his birthday and is 2x weekly for 5 weeks then I’m sure I’ll be finding something else to do either from July-Aug or Aug-whenever. I think we need to do soccer again this year, get use out of the soccer equipment I bought him last fall.

Also starting in June is summer school, the getting ready for Kindergarten program and that goes for 5 or 6 weeks as well.

Then there is the summer safety class 2hrs a day for 1 week.

Play dates as I can schedule them, 5yr check up and dentist in June.

All during this time I’m going to be working with him on his Kindergarten stuff too. We’re reading at least 3 books a day plus part of a chapter book if we’re not too late at night.

The 3 older boys really love for me to read the books to them. I set up their 3 chairs in front of me and I sit on the corner of Joey’s bed and hold the book so they can see it. They just LOVE it and so do I.

I’m hoping that August is pretty clear for us. I do want to take them down to the Day out with Thomas event. I was hoping to do it last year but we didn’t make it.

Then, September 1, 2010 Joey starts Kindergarten. He’ll be gone from 8am-3pm M,T,Th,F and 8am-2pm on Wednesdays.

September 7th Joshy starts preschool…

This summer is just going to fly right by. Guess I better get used to it. Though I know it means we’re all going to age that much faster :(

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures Miki! I always enjoy reading your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you are over doing it! The less bored he is & the more tired he is, the less instigating he will do:) We usually only do one sport at a time and that keeps our Joey busy & ready for bed at night!

    ReplyDelete