Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yesterday sucked, Today was awesome!

Yesterday, Joshy started out the day a PITA and ended it that way too. I was supposed to have a colonoscopy today but the prep for last night was horrible DISGUSTING and I just could not get it down and quit. I was nauseous all night long. That is why my day sucked. It may sound mild but I'm down playing because I'd much rather dwell on today! :)

Due to my being so nauseous last night I managed to fall asleep early thus got up early this morning. Strangly I had a craving for McDonald's breakfast so I got the kids dressed and out the door about 9am (usually unheard of unless absolutely necessary). We went to breakfast and I actually took them inside! We usually eat in the car where they're stuck in one spot! LOL

After breakfast we went to the dollar store. I wanted a few more things for Joey's room for both Joey and Joshy. I found a bunch of things from flash cards to word strips, alphabet and number posters, manuscript pads and much more. As I was leaving I was thinking about the flash cards. I had some here at home too and they're already a problem where the kids, read: JON, get into them, mix them up and tear and bend them. Last night I'd thought about a plastic holder like the box they come in but I don't quite know if they make those or not... I still need the magnetic strips for hanging his stuff so lets go to The Container Store! There isn't one anywhere near me so I had to travel about 40-45mins South of me. While there I found the most perfect holder for the numerous flashcards I have. It works great! I might need another one in the near future. Here are the magnetic strips, the smaller ones were actually cheaper than the ones 2x that size so I was able to get more so I can put them in more places! I have to get some magnetic clips now as the little magnets that come with the strips are not to be used with little kids. Major major hazzard.

I wanted a big plastic box for the art projects and papers that Joey brings home from Kindergarten and settled on this box.

We have a real problem with the boys getting into their DVD's. We've put them on the shelves in the living room but they have so many it's just not working out. While they're out of reach, they still try to climb up there and get them and when they can't reach them, they instead get into other things that are up on the shelves. So I saw this and fell in love with it! And I ended up getting this small multipurpose holder for the softcover workbooks and teaching books that I have.

I have to say too, for anyone who's never gone to The Container Store, they are just awesomely helpful. A nice man helped me find the plastic box for Joey's stuff and then the lady, whom checked us out, helped me with the kids, she was concerned that the people drive too fast in front of the store and with 4 little boys I had my hands full! So she walked me out with the boys then told me to drive up and she'd bring out my stuff curb side. Well before I could get the boys all buckled in she was coming out with my things and delivered them to me at my car! What awesome customer service! They've always been wonderful but today was the best service yet!

We got home and Jim got home soon after. I'd tried in vain to get the boys down for naps so when Jim wanted to take the grass clipings to the compost dump I decided we'd go with him. After the dump we went to Walmart to find me some new sandles. We didn't find any there but got two curtain rods (in solid white) for Joey's room. I didn't like their selection of drapes so I said I'd check at Shopko. The boys were acting up, they'd had enough of shopping I think, so I was just going to go home but Jim wanted to go now! We did and they had a great sale going on. They didn't have 6 of the blue so we got 4 blue and 2 sage green so the room is just full of color now!

I also cleaned out the closet and got it looking much better. It doesn't have any doors on it, never did, Jim bought the house without any closet doors in this room! I was able to put the easel in the closet along with that folding chair. I set up the white board where it's going to be hung but we still are going to get a 3rd shelf up there. Jon got a Toy Story saucer chair for his birthday so I put that in there also. See the nice mural on the door there? That's why EVERYTHING in that room is washable!

While we were putting up the curtains and cleaning Joey was putting up his own posters with his glue stick! One piece of paper he put up was blank and I told him he needs to draw a picture first then put it up. He got down, got a marker and climbed back up onto of the chest of drawers. He said, "I'm going to write yours and my name." He continues with, "M-O-M."  I was just floored! He did it all on his own! He didn't ask me or anything, this is HUGE for him. Some people might be able to say their 4yr olds spell a whole bunch of words but Joey is so behind in this stuff because of his speech issue that aside from being able to spell JOEY, this is his first word! I know how he learned it too. One day he says to me, "hi, my name is J-O-E-Y." I responded with, "well hello J-O-E-Y my name is M-O-M, nice to meet you." We kept that up for a bit and then he stopped like just all of a sudden he forgot. I reminded him  how to spell mom and he didn't get it anymore so we gave up. Apparently he did "lock in it his brain" as he likes to put it!

Then, the best of the day. OMG I was so excited you wouldn't believe it. I have wanted square dishes for like, EVER!! However, they've been too expensive for me to splurge on when I don't need them. Well Jim always looks for then when we pass by while shopping. He saw some open stock ones at Walmart but they were too expensive once you put it all together. So he's looking at Shopko and found these!! In the store the place setting for 4 was only $29.99 on clearance so while I could at best hope for a 8 place setting in the future I was able to get a 12 place setting for LESS than what one 4 place setting would have cost at full price, today! When we got home, my arm was killing me, I must have pulled a muscle or something yet don't know how or when I did it so Jim cleaned up the kitchen for me, unpacked the dishes and have it all ready for me to clear out the cabinet and put them away! I think he's maybe more excited about these than I am!  LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment