Monday, May 24, 2010

Joey/Brother of the week Room makeover update



At first I put Joey's room then thought, no, he's got a brother in there, Jon. However it's not going to be Jon's room for much longer before he and Jack flip so is it Joey and Jon's room or Joey and Jack's room? Ok well flavor of the week is what is easiest at this point!! LOL

Anyways, Jim got the shelves up tonight!! They look great. He's got them butted up to the adjacent wall and brought up how we can put shelves up on that wall and abutt shelves together in a "L" shape and really utilize that corner space! I'm super excited about that. Might do it sooner than I'd originally would have thought.

Next steps, curtain's and bedding. I also need to come up with a way to cover part of the shelving hardware. It's got like a curtain up at the top. The brackets hang off of it. It's really an eyesore so what to do to make it look nice? Yes that is a blanket we hung up at the window :(

Joey and I went to the library and picked up our first 15 books to read. One of them is more of a chapter book (didn't realize that when I picked it, I just liked that it is by Julie (Andrews) Edwards). So those will be located on the shelves unless we are using them. Need to gather up all the rest of his books and put them up as well.

We went to Target and looked at all the awesome Toy Story 3 toys. OMG they are going to make a mint off us this year. My boys are all in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Toy Story! My favorites for them so far are: Woody and Buzz, the Bucket O Soldiers, the gift set is awesome and totally worth the money too (well not now after I just read the reviews!) Totally love this Woody and Buzz Rocket and there is a Mr. Potato Head that they don't have on their site. It acutally will fall apart (shooting out the parts) like in the movies!!

I want to do the bedding to. I'll have to get 2 Toddler sets and one Twin. I love little kids blankets too so gotta get the matching blanket. There's more that I'd love to get but not necessary. Totally want the waste basket and if only I had room for this or this (not to mention the funds!) LOL

I've not come across any before pictures yet but just took some (thank God for flash) of in progress. That's the table and chairs, easel and organizer drawers all in that corner. The easel is going to be moved I think and we're going to hang my big white board off the bottom of the shelf tracks. If that doesn't work then it will go low there on the blue wall and just above that will be the letters boarder. There's a Diego folding chair there between the organizer and easel for when all 3 are in there. Then to show you just how small this room is (and it's the biggest of the two kids rooms, here is my big guy sleeping and Jonny too! How fun that none of the furniture matches. That dark chest of drawers is over 38yrs old. It was part of MY baby furniture set. The dresser is in the hugely messy closet. I'll take that picture when I clean it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment