Sunday, June 27, 2010

Joey is going to be the death of me!!

Last night Jim and I got to go on a date night. My MIL came over and watched the 4 boys (we got them all to bed before we left). We went to Applebee's for dinner then saw Jonah Hex at the movie theater.

We got home about 11:45pm, MIL told us that Josh and Jon played in their room for a bit and got quiet around 8pm. Joey was a little worse, calling for me and not wanting to go to sleep.

This was strange because that boy left the house about 9am yesterday to go to his friends for a birthday party and was there until 5pm in the evening! He was exhausted. He fell asleep in his dinner chair but after I put him in bed he woke back up.... must have gotten a 2nd wind with is 15min nap.

So DH and I go to bed. About 2am Jackson wakes up and needs to eat (totally expected that). I go in to get him and I always look at Joey to see that he's ok and where is he sleeping. He will sleep on the floor, under the crib etc.

He was MISSING! I'm feeling around all over and can't find him. I flip on the light and his comforter is gone and his window is open. I go out to the living room and check the couch, he's not there. Jim kinda sat up and I told him to get up NOW and that I can't find Joey. He jumps out of bed and we've got all the lights on. He's looking all over the house and I'm looking all over outside and calling him without waking the neighborhood and yet not caring so much either.

I go in the house and grab the cell, I'm in a panic now that I've never known before and this kid has given me plenty of scares in the past. I'm going to go check at the neighbors house (his friend) and if he's not there then I'm calling 911.

I walk in the back and see that the dad is sleeping in the all season room (saw him flip over) so I knock on the door. He gets up and I ask is Joey there? He's like yes, he's asleep on the couch!

OMG are you f'ing kidding me?? He invites me in and the mom gets up and is like, what's going on. He tells her that I didn't know Joey was there. They're both horrified at my not knowing. Telling me that the daughter (6yrs old) told them that Joey can sleep over and there he was in his PJ's and with his blanket.

I find him on their couch sound asleep. I picked him up and they apologized and I took him home.

I can't believe they would allow a 5yr old to just sleep over without talking to his mother directly!!!!

I got him home and to bed without him really stirring.

I then was awake for a long time. I think I was having a stress induced asthma attack and was debating for a long time whether to go to the hospital or not for a breathing treatment. I haven't used an inhaler since I was pregnant with Joey! He cured by asthma and now maybe he's brought it back again?

This morning he climbs into bed with me and tells me matter of factly that he slept over at his friends house (he's been begging me for a sleepover with them the past few days). I tried to talk to him about how he got there, when he left the house and did he go though the window which is a little widow up high. He had to climb onto the baby's closed changing table/ dresser to get to the window and it's at least a 6ft drop.... Or did MIL go to the bathroom or fall asleep in the living room and he just walked right though the front door without her knowing? I'll have to find out what time he showed up.

I had heard "something" when I was trying to fall asleep but couldn't figure out what the noise was so I dismissed it. If that was him then he did go out that window, there's no way he could get out the front door once we were home.

No comments:

Post a Comment