Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend

The boys think that stickers are for decorating their bodies. Yesterday they included Jackson in on it too. One on his cheek and another by his ear! LOL It was so cute I had to take a picture and in doing so the boys wanted their pictures taken too so I got some good close-ups of my handsome clan. (see below)

We had a pretty good weekend, mostly relaxing for me. Jim cleaned up the house and I managed to finally go grocery shopping. I kept dragging my heels because we're trying to eat more healthfully but we have a problem. The refrigerator is acting up! It's too cold and freezing everything on me!! I turned the temperature gauge down and it's leaking water INSIDE and flooding my food. I can't win! It's really hard to keep fresh fruits and veggies when they're getting water logged and/or frozen. So it's back to frozen veggies and meats with fruits that can be kept in the pantry. I just can't run to the store daily to pick up fresh stuff all the time.

I took Joey and we ran to Aldi to return that pop up Gazebo. It got blown over by the wind and was trashed the first day we had it up! It still stood but it just wasn't right. We did the camping thing under it but the next morning it started to rain. We didn't get a ton of rain but because it was bent it collected water and bent even more. Finally I went out in the rain and pushed it off the tent so it didn't ruin the tent and that was all there was of it. Jim had to break it into pieces to get it compact enough to return. I guess you get what you pay for huh?

Then we went to Wal-mart for the groceries and some other odds and ends. I remembered I wanted to try the Crest 3D toothpaste. Oh man am I glad I did! I tried it last night for the first time and the difference in my teeth is absolutely AMAZING. I hope that if I were to stop using it that it wouldn't go back to where it was before just as fast! But after one brushing I highly recommend it!

I printed out a ton of things for "home schooling" Joey and Joshy over the summer and beyond and ran out of printer ink. Those sure don't go far. Good thing they're under $20 seeing as they're NOT refillable :( (Epson 68/69)

I then got like 3 loads of laundry done and burgers on the grill cooked. Outfits set out for today, 2 of 4 kids bathed and all 4 in bed and asleep before 8:30pm. I spent time reading to Joey (the others weren't behaving/interested so they had to just go to bed). We read 4 books and went though flashcards, uppercase letters and used the other set to play Go Fish for colored cards.

I had come across a website that had assessment tools for your preschooler/Kindergartner for like $1-$3 a piece. I looked at them and thought, "I can make those myself!" so I did. I used them on Joey and was shocked at the results. He knows all but a handful of the uppercase letters, only a handful of the lowercase, all the shapes (circle, square, triangle, star, heart, octagon, crescent)  except rectangle, numbers up to only 6 and is missing black, white, brown, gray and purple! He can only rote count to 13... We have a LOT of work ahead of us this summer.

I then was searching all over the house for my instructions for my upcoming colonoscopy. I have rescheduled it 2x now and I am NOT rescheduling it again. I knew that I needed to do something yesterday, at least I thought I needed to, I needed my papers! Weeded out a bunch of trash and didn't find them until I'd gone though just about every paper on the first floor. I found the papers on the shelves in the kitchen. I'd asked Jim to gather them all for me seeing as I can't reach all the shelves without a step stool and he's 6 inches taller than I. Well he's blind and missed the dang papers I needed! Uggg! I was 5hrs late taking some meds but oh well, better late than never I guess.

Today Joshy has a dermatology appointment. He is reacting to all sunblocks, I need something he won't react to. Then Joey's got his 2nd to last day of school. Tomorrow I'm prepping for my colonoscopy, Wednesday is the procedure and Thursday and Friday I set up play dates!

Joey starts T-ball on the 14th. He's playing with the CYC and his team is "POWER" and his coach is Emily. That first day they get their t-shirts and their pictures taken. I love that this is free for us (not the pictures but the t-ball and t-shirt) because we're an active military family!

No comments:

Post a Comment