Tuesday, June 15, 2010

5 years ago today

I became a mom to a beautiful healthy little miracle. I didn't take this day for granted, oh NO. I worked long and hard to have this miracle in my arms and yet not anywhere near long and hard as some of my friends have/had to. My Joey *sigh* you just can't help but love this kid! He is amazing, truly amazing. He's sharp as a tack and sly as a fox. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing and the most outgoing loving little boy that I've ever met! He so loves to help and learn new things. He's a wonderful big brother and Velcro to mommy's hip! His smile brightens the gloomy days while his mischievousness makes you want to strangle him!


We had his party May 1st because daddy wasn't supposed to be in town. We got lucky that daddy is in town so he had a very nice birthday, on his day, with his family. Daddy baked him a cookie cake and mommy spoiled him rotten with his Toy Story presents. His favorite restaurant is Red Robin so we went there for his birthday dinner.


After dinner I took him and baby Jack to Target. Joey had a $15 gift card from one of his school buddies who attended the party. I told Joey he could use it and made some suggestions. I am so proud of him. What he ultimately chose and was happy with was an extra set of sheets for his bed so when his sheets are dirty he will still have Toy Story sheets on his bed! How practical of him :) This way, what he doesn't know, is when we get him and Joshy bunk beds they both can have the sheets on at the same time! LOL But no I didn't push it, it was a suggestion and he just loved the idea!!


On the way to Target we had a talk too about the rules for turning 5yrs old.

1) No whining or screaming or crying (unless you're truly hurt)

2) Must do as your told by your bosses be it mom, dad, teacher etc.

3) No more destructive behavior. You can still explore and learn new things but do it carefully so as to not break or ruin things.

If these rules aren't followed then you have to go back to being 4 again ;)


He told me he understood and asked me if I'd help him remember those things. I told him "absolutely! That's my job as your mom." He said, "oh thank you mommy!"

Ok I've not figured out how to keep pictures in the order I want them so you'll have to deal with me here :) What we have to start with is, after his first T-ball practice on the 14th, he and daddy made his cookie cake while mommy took care of Jackson (aka getting Joey's bed made and toys set out!












 


 

 


 

 

 

 

  

It's as if I have triplets or something. They fight fight fight over the toys and no one is ever happy. They all love Toy Story so much that I broke the credit cards and had to buy some duplicates to stop the fighting. Here is Joey with the Buzz Lightyear that was supposed to be for Joshy when he earned it with good behavior. Didn't quite work out that way. We are now the proud owners of 2 Buzz Lightyears, 2 Woodys, 2 Buckets of Soldiers and one Jessie!! Everyone went to bed happy tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment