Monday, August 9, 2010

Sonquest Rainforest VBS

Last Sunday I was checking the message board on my playgroup and saw that vacation bible school was starting in the morning at a local Baptist church and no pre-registration was required so just stop on by. It's from 3yrs - 6th grade. I was psyched that Joshy could go so that next morning, we were up, dressed, fed and to the church by 9am. It was a huge hit! The boys loved it. Wednesday was a little rough on Josh for some reason. He didn't want to leave home, then didn't want to get out of the car and then didn't want to go into the building. I dropped him off into his room and he screamed for less than 15mins and was fine the rest of the time and for the final 2 days. For him we called it school and that in itself I think did the trick.

Tonight was their end of the week program. My mom and sister came down to see the kids perform and oh man, they both did GREAT! I have video of their performances. The end song was all the kids K-6th grade but I had Josh go up too. Every day I'd pick up Josh first then go into the church where all the rest of the kids (K-6th) were practicing their songs...Joshy picked up on it and loved it so he was able to join the bigger kids and I think he did amazing given his age and limited exposure to the song/movements :) To see the lyrics and original movements you can click here The original recording of the songs are here

Here they are coming into church...


The opening song:

Here's Joshy's song

Here's Joey's song


The grand finale both boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment