Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last day of summer/Last day of life as I know it

I don't know how to begin to explain how I'm feeling. My baby, my first born baby, starts school tomorrow. He's going to a full day Kindergarten. I have to drop him off before 8am and pick him up at 2pm. I will be dropping him off and picking him up (and subsequently his brothers as well) over the next 15yrs, 5 days a week, Sept-June!

Tonight is his open house.

I'm so excited and yet I have knots in my stomach. I'm not ready to let my baby be away from me all day long while at the same time I'm looking forward to the break it gives me during the day and the schedule it will force me into. I'm praying the schedule will make all our lives easier and better all around.

Josh's open house was yesterday. We got to see his classroom and clarify a misconception I had. They told me they had an integrated 4K classroom and I thought that meant that if the 4yr olds in the 4K needed services it was available to them. I didn't realize that the EC class and the 4K were in the same classroom! Basically then the 3's are in 4K also! I'm so excited about that, that Josh will be around the 4K type of environment!  He also has a friend in his class. They are playing soccer together on Saturday as well this fall. I really liked the first impression of this school over the one that Joey went to. It sure makes a difference when a building is built in the 20th or 21st century!! Dark and dreary versus light and airy. Josh starts on Friday and goes 4 days a week for 3hrs. I'm not quite as nervous about him maybe because I've done the preschool before?

Jackson, my baby Jackson. He's so tiny at 10mos old. He's more like a 3 or 4 month old still. But he's emerging as a toddler. He's sitting up by himself and crawling on hands and knees and.... pulling himself to standing as well! He learned all this is just a month and a half's time from starting PT with him. He was, I guess, just slow to get started.

He's still not gaining weight but I think we're going to be turning that around now as well. He finally took a bottle of formula from me yesterday. He has been nursing horribly recently and yesterday I noticed he didn't have wet diapers so I made him 4oz and put it in a bottle as I couldn't find his sippy cup. He took it without much persuasion. I made 8oz more and he took 2oz of that and the other 6oz for dinner. He slept though the night with a full tummy too. I will continue to nurse in the mornings and once more though the day but he NEEDS that formula to gain weight. He is 10mos old and 14lbs 2oz wearing 3-6mos clothes. Length is better in some 6mos sizes but he's so skinny, too skinny in the waist for them.

My Jon is my only constant right now. No huge changes with him other than his speech/vocabulary is coming along nicely. He's expressing his needs much more often in words and oh he can be so compliant I love it! Frequently I hear "All right" out of him. So much better than the usual "NO" you get at this age! LOL Not that he always listens but he's a very good boy most of the time. The screaming he does is going to kill his father but other than that and some spitting issues he's a great kid!

I'll have pictures soon.... (gotta find my camera as usual)

2 comments:

  1. You're going to fall right into your new schedule like you've been doing it your whole life! You're a great mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa, I sure hope so! Love you!

    ReplyDelete