Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

We don't usually do a whole lot for the 4th. Having a husband with PTSD as severe as Jim's is makes it difficult to enjoy. This year however I got the kids some Pop-its (those things you throw on the ground and they make a noise) Jim said they didn't bother him and the 3 older boys LOVED them! I got them some sparklers too but we've not broken them out yet (7/7) as they've been in bed way before dark!! I also took Joey to the fireworks display here in town. I was going to take Joshy as well but that one fell asleep on the couch around 6:30 and slept though the night.

Joey and I had a great time. The trolley is free and it takes you down to the beach. They light the fireworks over Lake Michigan. We missed the trolley, waited around for a bit then started walking. The trolley caught up to us just as we got to the park we were going to sit at to view the fireworks! Joey was so excited about the trolley that he opted to stop sitting and walk to the trolley so we wouldn't miss it. The driver was nice enough to let us watch the display from inside the trolley so we had great seats and no rush.

The idiots in his town just amaze me. Getting the trolley to actually move on the track was ridiculous as the people were pulling out in front of it, stopping on the tracks. It was just, RIDICULOUS, that's the best I can come up with.


All in all we had a good time and I'm looking forward to taking Joshy with us next year. This will be a mommy and the boys thing unless and until Jim can handle it and join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment