Saturday, April 24, 2010

School

Joey has been going to school now for almost 2 years. He started last year, age 3, in an early childhood program for his speech development issues. This year he was in the same EC program again but then in December moved to a speech impact program where the main focus is speech. All this time my Joshy has been wanting to go to school. He just turned 3 in January so this coming school year is the first where he's old enough. With all the drama going on in the beginning of this year from still getting used to a new baby in the house to my auntie's illness and subsequent passing, I didn't get around to signing Joshy up for preschool. One issue is he's not done with his potty training and the other issue was with as much as this school was praised I was sure it was filled up after the open house in Feb/Mar (whenever they did it). Well I found out on my playgroup message board that the school still had openings and was having another open house, today! So this morning Joshy and I got up and got ready to go. He was so excited he wouldn't let me finish all I needed to get us out the door. He also kept looking out the window asking for his bus!! LOL Finally I got everything together and us out the door. He was shy at first but after being led to a table with playdoh he was hooked. I think he's going to do really well there so I signed him up. He starts Sept 7th, goes 2 days a week for 2.5hrs.

The only downfall to this is every school day for him I have to take the 2 little ones with me into the school to both drop him off and pick him up. Winter time will suck!!

I only have to do this with Joshy for this one year, the following year he will go to "his" elementary/middle school for 4-K but then Jon will go to preschool in his place. Then that next year, when Jon is in 4-K, providing we don't have any more kids, I will be free to do the 2yr old mommy and me class with Jackson, then he can do the preschool school after that. It's strange to be thinking about all this already. Bittersweet to see your kids grow and develop, watching them learn and yet watch them become little people and independent, not babies any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment