Sunday, March 21, 2010

My heart

is broken right now for the love I’ve lost in my Auntie Patty. She meant the world to me, faults and all and I’ll miss her terribly. She’s not supposed to be gone yet, she’s too young, I’m too young, my boys are too young. I might have another child or two and she won’t be around to meet them. Now that the funeral is over the flood gates have opened and the tears flow freely. You’d think I was all cried out but oh no, not even close yet. I vow to pick myself up at least partly by tomorrow and be an even better mother, wife and family member than I have been. So when I or the next person passes I will have no regrets.
I had one regret with Patty, that I let her make her excuses to not come visit us. I will be able to live with that fact because I did make the effort to go up to her and visit with her. That my quicky trips took an hour or more. Of that’s I’m glad. I love you Man!
Patricia Mae Smith
July 1, 1940-March 15, 2010
This was taken 2/13/2010 one month before she passed. Jackson was 3 months old. He was the only one of my kids who got to see her after she got sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment